Ohio Learning Community
OESCA is a project partner for the Ohio Learning Community, created by the Professional Learning Collaborative of Ohio (PLCO). The Ohio Learning Community provides free professional learning and learning communities to Ohio educators. The interactive online courses focus on topical and State-required learning and provide take-away materials and an online community where educators can share resources, discuss course content, and network with other learners taking the course at the same time. The Ohio Learning Community allows educators to track their professional learning and earn badges indicating they have successfully completed coursework. Courses are developed through the PLCO or purchased from ESCs and other content providers for the Ohio Learning Community.
Ohio Learning Community Website www.ohiolearningcommunity.org
HOW DOES THE OHIO LEARNING COMMUNITY BENEFIT ESCS?
- ESCs can search the directory and recommend courses to district educators
- ESCs can develop professional learning that the Ohio Learning Community may purchase for listing in its course catalog
- ESCs with fewer technology resources can get assistance from the PLCO on course design and uploading
- ESCs can recommend a free online course, then partner with districts to provide wraparound services
- ESCs can curate Ohio Learning Community offerings alongside their own offerings on an ESC-branded "tenanted" site that the ESC controls (great for ESCs who do not have professional learning sites of their own)
HOW DOES THE OHIO LEARNING COMMUNITY BENEFIT DISTRICTS?
- Enables all district educators to access professional learning regardless of the district's budget
- Promotes networking of job-aligned peers with each course
- Ensures learning is Ohio-aligned
- Creates a learning portfolio educators can use to track professional learning and certifications
- Provides on-demand learning that the educator can access based on his or her schedule
ACTION STEPS FOR ESCS:
- Learn more about the Ohio Learning Community and ensure that ESC staff understand what the tool is and how it might be used within your ESC
- Review any ESC professional learning that may be appropriate for the Ohio Learning Community and contact the PLCO to see if it is a fit for purchase
- Look at the course listings and determine what services your ESC has that could enhance learning or provide wraparound services for the district
- Contact the PLCO if you are interested in a "tenanted" site - an ESC-branded site where you can curate Ohio Learning Community courses alongside your own professional learning and service offerings
QUESTIONS? Contact the Professional Learning Collaborative of Ohio (PLCO) https://www.ohiolearningcommunity.org/contact