Critical Issues Committee
Addressing Advocacy & Legislative Issues to ESCs
Chair: Superintendent Jon Graft, Butler County ESC
Composition: 9 members (additional members may be added by a majority vote of the committee)
- Study proposed legislation and make recommendations to the Executive Committee and/or membership.
- Identify key legislative priority issues.
- Create political action agenda.
- Design and implement legislative action plan.
- Market association to state level policymakers.
- Make regular reports to Executive Committee.
- Be an active member and participant.
- Commit to meeting at least 4 times each year.
- Support the legislative agenda and action plan of the organization.
- Work to promote or defeat proposed legislation in accordance with established association positions.
- Make regular reports to executive committee and to membership at annual meetings.
Aligned to OESCA Goal #4 - Build strategic partnerships to advance OESCA’s organizational priorities and to establish recognition of OESCA’s value by state policy makers, allied organizations, and key local and regional stakeholders.
Aligned to OESCA goal #3 - Actively advocate to increase the capacity of member ESCs to provide cost-effective, quality services.