OESCA Reframing Education Initiative
Reimagine. Reframe. Re-engineer.
Ohio's network of ESCs has developed a comprehensive planning tool for Ohio's schools and school districts.
During these times of unprecedented uncertainty, Ohio's ESCs are dedicated to providing school districts with professional development, technology, support, planning, and administrative services that help improve student learning, enhance the quality of instruction, expand equitable access to resources and maximize operating and fiscal efficiencies.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in support of the work of the High School Redesign Taskforce and the statewide strategic plan for education, Each Child, Our Future, nearly 80 curriculum and instruction and school improvement staff, content area specialists and others from 39 ESCs have collaborated around a Reframing Education Initiative and workgroup.
A statewide network of ESC personnel worked collaboratively to create a decision-making framework to support districts as they consider best practices, have authentic conversations about instructional expectations and make plans to “reframe education” moving forward.
The time is right for Ohio to begin reframing its education model so that learning can become the constant and time and place can become the variables. The intent of the “Reframing Education” project is to support Ohio districts as they strive to meet the needs of all students in a multifaceted and multilayered manner.
You will find guiding questions, supporting documents and related resources aligned to each of the following areas:
- Create your “Reframing” Purpose, Team, and Goals
- Data Use: Gathering Stakeholder Input
- Educational Considerations – District and Building Level
- Determination of Student Educational Needs
- Educational Considerations and Planning – Teacher Level
- Educational Considerations – Non-building Based Learning Opportunities
- Exceptional and At-Risk Populations
- Remote / Blended Instructional Delivery Resources – Identification and Preparation
- Technology Needs
- Communications Planning
- Professional Development for Educators
- Culture & Climate
- Mental Health – of Students and Staff
The Ohio ESC Reframing Education Initiative tool can be found online at http://reframingeducation.org/. This toolkit, guiding questions and aligned resources includes a remote learning plan template that can be accessed directly here: http://reframingeducation.org/remote-learning-plan/.