OESCA Public Relations & Marketing Committee
Striving to Promote Ohio ESCs
Chair: Superintendent Jeff Weir, Clermont County ESC
Composition: 9 members representing the 16 regions (1 representative for every two regions) of the State. (Additional members may be added by a majority vote of the committee.)
Examples of Work:
- To create a marketing plan and materials for OESCA and ESC’s in general.
- To maintain updated files of ESC marketing materials, such as
- Annual Reports
- Other ESC-Specific Marketing Materials
- City/County Agreements
- Staff Numbers
- Percent of Assistance to SST’s
- To market the value of ESC services and public schools to all stakeholders.
- To align the work of ESC’s to the Governor’s Education Plan (9 Policy Areas).
- State Accountability
- District School Board & Governing Authority Leadership
- Charter School Accountability
- Quality Teaching
- Professional Learning Communities
- Creative, Innovative & Safe Learning Environments
- Closing the Achievement Gap & Graduation Gap
- Standards & Testing
- Adequate Funding
- To align the work of ESC’s to the work of ODE as necessary.
- Be an active member and participant.
- Commit to attend at least 4 meetings per year.
- Serve as a liaison between OESCA and each ESC as assigned.
- Make regular reports to the executive committee and to membership at annual meetings
Aligned to OESCA Goal #4 – To build strategic partnerships to advance OESCA’s organizational priorities and to establish recognition of OESCA’s value by state policy makers, allied organizations, and key local and regional stakeholders.